Welcome to our latest blog post 🙂. This time we're going to jump straight into our topic - caring for your gold-plated jewelry.
Gold-plated jewelry is very common and very popular. It is much more cost-effective than purchasing gold-filled or solid gold jewelry. Gold-plated jewelry is a base metal (commonly copper, brass, or stainless steel) that has been electroplated (covered) with a very thin layer of real gold. Gold-plated jewelry with a stainless steel base are much less susceptible to fading or tarnishing.
Gold-plated jewelry can lose its shine as a result of rough exposure. Follow these steps to care for/maintain your gold-plated jewelry:
- Wipe your gold-plated jewelry clean with a damp microfiber cloth after wearing it, to remove surface dirt.
- Avoid excessive exposure to water - showering, hand washing, etc.
- Avoid wearing your gold-plated jewelry in the ocean, pool, hot tub, or sauna.
- Avoid exposing your gold-plated jewelry to harsh cleaners and chemicals.
- Avoid exposure to creams, lotions, oils, perfumes, and hairsprays.
- If your gold-plated jewelry does not have a stainless steel base, remove it before exercising.
We hope you find this information helpful 🙂. Come back for a few more jewelry care posts over the next few weeks!